Flash Dash is here – our 2023 Super Hero Fun Run and Fundraiser
Information should have come home in Friday Folders, but you can also find everything you need on this page. The event date for the super hero fun run is May 26, 2023.
- REGISTER and create a pledge page for your student at https://www.getmovinfundhub.com. Register by Monday, 5/15/23 so the school can earn a popsicle party at recess.
- For parents that have never registered before: Click “Register As Parent” and for the School Identifier use 5c6d6c009559d
- For parents that have already registered, even if it was last year: Put in your email and password as a parent.
- For teachers that have set up their classroom: Put in your email and password as a teacher to see updates about your classroom.
- TELL family and friends you are participating in the Flash Dash event to raise money for your school.
- SPREAD the word using the tools on your GetMovin webpage to share your pledge page via text, email, and social media. On average, 50% of donations come from sharing on Facebook!
- THREE WAYS TO DONATE
- Checks made payable to OPM PTO
- MSUFCU Member2Member to email@example.com
- Credit Card (15% fee) via your GetMovin webpage.
- Regardless of the payment method, all donations will be added to the total on your student’s pledge page, tracked on their website, and count towards the school goal.
FLASH DASH VIDEO
FLASH DASH HANDOUT
This handout went home in Friday folders. All information from the handout is on this webpage, but you can also click on the image to see the whole PDF:
WHAT IS FLASH DASH?
Flash Dash is a fun run – a friendly run around the school’s outdoor track to raise funds for our school. This year’s theme is a super hero run! Flash Dash and Field Day will be the same day.
Field Day is a morning devoted to sport activities and games put on by the school. Flash Dash will be held in the afternoon.
All students join in the fun Flash Dash school event and will receive a super hero cape and mask at school the day of the race. No pledge required, but please register using the instructions above.
We will gather at our track to cheer on students as each grade participates in the Flash Dash fun run together.
SETTING YOUR GOAL
We are focusing on everyone working together at OPM to meet our overall school fundraising goal.
We have several fun rewards planned as we reach various achievement milestones. Deadline for popsicles is 5/15 so register early, share your page, and get a jump start on your goal. We need 300 registered students by then for popsicles!!!!
When you register, you will receive your own unique fundraising webpage with a starting goal of $75. Your fundraising page has social media share buttons on it to make it simple to ask friends and family for donations to support our school community.
This is a great opportunity to talk to your kids about setting goals and breaking them into smaller goals first. Will you ask 10 people to donate $7.50? Three to donate $25? Maybe you have a big network and want to fundraise for a bigger goal to help ensure all the achievements are unlocked and our schoolwide goal is met. You have the option to increase your goal on your funding website.
Some information that may help when thinking about your individual goal:
- It would be AMAZING to have every student register and raise ANY dollar amount towards our fundraising goal. No donation is too small and helps us get to the goal. In the past, students raised from $5 to $650 each.
- There are about 350 students in our school. Historically, about 30% of students raised at least $100, 10% of students raised at least $250, and 5% of students raised $500.
WHERE DO THE FUNDS RAISED GO?
Average annual operating budget for the PTO is over $30,000. Majority of funds come from this annual fundraiser.
- The largest portion of our budget, roughly $12,900, goes to classroom support each year. This budget includes stipends for every teacher so they have some flexible funds to purchase materials for their classrooms. A larger pool of money is used for additional classroom requests from furniture improvements for individual classrooms (motion/wiggle stools, tiered seating, floor tables) to additional Montessori materials (place value whiteboards, fraction cutouts, language materials, stamp games, and more). Support is also provided for other items, like printing PTO updates in the Friday Folders, educational magazines for the classrooms, and special Montessori Conference fees for teachers to attend.
- $5,500 is budgeted to support field trips each year. Field trips are expensive! This lowers the cost for families to $20 or less. Field trips have included local nature centers, Wharton Center, Potter Park Zoo, Michigan Historical Museum, and more.
- Over $2,100 of the PTO budget goes towards supporting school events, such as the Back to School Popsicle Party, the Fall Festival, and 4th Grade Graduation.
- Over $1,200 each year is allocated to support our dedicated teachers, including staff appreciation week, yearbooks for teachers, recognizing a teacher through OEF (at the school district level), and end of the year recognitions.
- In addition to all of these reoccurring annual costs, the PTO also takes on special projects if we raise enough money. In the past we spent $10,000 for new soccer goals and to put the track in. This addition added to the functional space for students during recess and provided dedicated space for things like Mileage Club activities.
OPM is in the top .05% of schools NATIONWIDE! There are so many factors that go into an achievement like this and FAMILIES are a big part of the equation.
THANK YOU for supporting our school community in TIME, TALENT, and TREASURE. It takes ALL 3 to build the culture we have at our school.
HUGE Shout Out to the Committee Chairs that poured their energy into making this program a reality: Lisa Nowak – Event Chair, Mary Roe – Financial Chair, Phoebe Lie – Progress Tracker Chair, Jillian Winn – Promotions Chair, Monica Patel – Sponsorship Chair, Amy Mell – Day of Event Chair. These are full-time working parents that made a little space in their busy schedule to bring this event and fundraiser back to OPM. Please thank them and our school teachers and staff too!
We need more volunteers for the many fun incentive activities as well as with the Flash Dash Super Hero Fun Run. We could NOT hold events without our parent volunteers. You are making a difference!
A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS who support our school community. We could not put on this fundraiser and event without their support.
- Green Concepts Landscaping
Based in Okemos Michigan, Green Concepts is your source for complete home landscape construction — from design to installation and finally maintenance.
- Launch Trampoline Park
Endless indoor entertainment for kids and adults – the premier family entertainment park in Mid-Michigan. With over 30 K sq ft of attractions, including trampolines, dodgeball, ninja course, arcade, laser tag, an escape room, and the Krave Cafe. Located in the Meridian Mall.
- City Limits Bowling Center and Sports Grill
There’s never a dull moment at City Limits! Bowling, arcade, food, and entertainment.
- Old Chicago Pizza + Taproom
Old Chicago has legendary pizza, great appetizers, and a curated selection of local and global beer.
- Maisch Family Dental
Maisch Family Dental provides high quality and friendly dental care to the Perry/Morrice and surrounding areas for the entire family, age 1 and up. We strive to maintain a positive atmosphere where patients are treated like family.
- Christopher Nowak Photography
Creative photographer exposing the beautiful, playful, humorous and spontaneous moments of real life, and love.
- Moonsail North
As a creative agency offering a full spectrum of marketing communications and branding services, the Moonsail North team believes that successful communication starts with a story.
- Volz Family Chiropractic PLLC
Volz Family Chiropractic is proud to be the first Chiropractic clinic in central Michigan with on-site digital x-ray technology. In practice as well as online Dr. Volz strives for excellence through superior patient treatment, education and satisfaction.
- Burkhardt Pecora Bloomberg Orthodontics
At Burkhardt Pecora Bloomberg Orthodontics, we are committed to providing the highest level of excellence in orthodontic treatment by utilizing the latest in technology and techniques available today.
- Woodworth Commercial
Woodworth Commercial boasts the only professionals in the area that solely deal with commercial properties. With that kind of specialization, dedication, and networking, it’s no wonder more businesses and owners choose to work with Woodworth Commercial than anyone else. They have an office conveniently located in Okemos!
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt
Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt is yogurt your way. You pick the flavors, you pick the toppings – it’s as simple as mix, weigh and pay! Located in Eastwood Towne Center.
Meijer is a local grocery and more store – born and raised in the Midwest and family-owned since 1934. Offering low prices and rewards on fresh food and great brands across more than a dozen departments.
- Graff Chevrolet – Okemos
Graff Chevrolet is a car dealership in Okemos with a full selection of new Chevrolet vehicles and reliable pre-owned models. Their service department also offers quality auto maintenance and repairs.